- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, 1 egg yolk for the dough
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 large eggs for the filling
- 3/4 lb Calabro Basket Cheese, cubed
- 1/4 pound Calabro Mozzarella, cubed
- 1/4 lb prosciutto cut in small pieces
- 1/4 pound sopressata cubed
- 1/4 pound mortadella cubed
- 4 tablespoons Calabro Grated Parmesan
- 4 tablespoons Pecorino grated
- 1 large egg for egg wash
1.) Preheat oven to 350°F. Pile all flour on a clean work surface and form a well in the center.
2.) In the center of the well, place the butter, 2 eggs, 1 egg yolk, and pinch of salt.
3.) Knead all ingredients together to form a smooth soft ball of dough. Divide the dough into 2 pieces, one slightly larger than the other. Roll the larger piece out until it is large enough to line the bottom of a deep dish pie plate and come up the sides.
4.) Put it in the pie plate and prick it with a fork all over. Roll out the second piece of dough, this will be your lid and will go on top of pie.
5.) Add all the cut meats, cheeses and grated cheeses to a bowl and combine. Then break the three eggs over the meat and cheese mixture and combine well. The egg is what binds the meat and cheeses together. Add the filling into pan and spread evenly.
6.)Take your dough lid and fit over the top, sealing all the edges.
7.) Brush the top with the reserved egg wash and bake until golden brown, about 60 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing into wedges and serving like a pizza.